Monday 29 June 2009

Sock Tour of the North East

I have just returned from a nice break in Newcastle. It was a good chance for me to catch up with family, friends and my previous work colleagues.

However, it also gave my current sock in progress (sock 2 of Cookie's Kai - Mei) a chance to have a Yarn Harlot style tour of the North East:
The sock saw the Tyne Bridge

The 'Get Carter' car park

The Angel of the North

And the Botanical gardens.

While I was away I had quite a lot of knitting time so I started Ishbel by Ysolda Teague. I bought Ysolda's book a week or so ago and was able to cast on almost straight away as you also get a digital copy of the book! What a great idea.

I have never really planned on knitting a shawl as I just didn't think I would ever actually wear one, but after seeing many gorgeous photos of this being worn as a scarf. Especially nice with the matching beret - fingers crossed I have enough yarn left!



I have even surprised myself by liking the variegated Araucania Ranco. After making a pledge to only buy solids or semi solids from now on - I just might have to reconsider after seeing how this is turning out. Let's just ignore the fact that I have messed up the lace...

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see your sock going walkies.... u knutter!

    Are you stitching tomorrow? ...I think it will be mega hot but we could maybe find a shady area outside?

    ReplyDelete