Oh yeah the best bit/big problem is that it came with 250+ pairs of needles! Mostly pretty small sizes all still in their original packaging, (in fact my poor boyfriend described our house as looking like a 'crack den' as the floor was littered with needles for couple of days while I was sorting through the sizes).
To dispose of this mass of needles I have:
- Filled out my own needle collection (at least 2 pairs of each size)
- Given some to the 3 other knitters in my office
- Stored some in the office (for knitting emergencies)
- Put some aside to give to my Mum
- Put some aside to give to my Boyfriends Mum
- Given some to one of the researchers at work
- Taken out all the Bakelite needles to offer to the Knitting and Crochet Guild Collection
And I still have loads in my drawer at work! Is anyone interested? I think they range from 2mm-about 3 3/4mm and one Tunisian crochet hook (5.5mm).
Just let me know (I fear they are no longer welcome in my flat.......)
P.S I did have a lovely photograph of my needleholder in all its glory (i.e full of my stuff) but my camera lead has gone walkabout so I guess that will just have to wait for another day. Sorry)